Web Design & Development Professional
Inventive and reputable website designer offers 14+ years first-rate experience creating and managing design, development, and e-commerce for internet and intranet projects.
- Expansive technical and design skill set that includes website design and development, content management systems, graphic design, e-commerce, and search engine optimization.
- Comprehensive understanding of popular web browser compatibility issues and effective troubleshooting capabilities to resolve those concerns.
- Fully-equipped with high-quality web design tools that effectively support project processes, procedures, and testing.
- First-class presentation and leadership talents, as well as the interpersonal skills required to build rapport and cement solid business and client relationships.
- Professional project management skills, including client needs assessment, establishment of project requirements, and the creation of functional specifications and design layouts.
- Generates successful website executions and provides exemplary website maintenance support services.
Incline Web Design & Consulting Services
Web Designer / Technical & Business Consultant
2001 – 2011
- Offers a variety of web design services to assist individuals and small businesses in creating an online presence.
- Creates new and redesigned websites, utilizing web development, content management and search engine optimization processes.
- Assists clients with Joomla, WordPress, and other content management systems in terms of site/blog set-up, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Additional services for small businesses include content writing and copy-editing for business newsletters, presentations, and marketing materials; technical documentation and research; speech writing, editing, and coaching; and business planning consultation and bookkeeping.
Toastmasters District 5
2006 – 2010
- Responsible for comprehensive website for organization composed of over 130 clubs and 3,000+ members throughout San Diego and Imperial Counties and Yuma, AZ.
- Facilitated full redesign and migration of site to Joomla content management system, incorporating multiple dynamic features (including a document repository, photo gallery, and District calendar).
- Served as a District Trainer for new club officers and speaking and leadership educational sessions.
- Facilitated at Area, Division and District contests and conferences.
- Held a number of officer positions, including Area Governor and Club President.
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Web Publisher (contracted through InfoPros)
2006 – 2007
- Published technical documents using a partially automated web-publishing tool during the convergence of two publishing systems.
- Performed as liaison for web publishing process for 50+ technical writers and managed publication of extensive document collections to external worldwide customer portals.
- Documented complete web publishing process to facilitate training of personnel.
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Technical Program Manager / Project Coordinator
1996 - 2003
- Led cross-functional teams including engineers, program managers, project coordinators, and interns in the delivery of successful web services and web-based tools to support business processes.
- Designed, developed, and managed multiple website projects and web-based tools. Instituted project planning, task-tracking, follow-up, and resolution efforts.
- Conceptualized site layouts and functional specifications; created and published complex web pages with a variety of design and editing tools, and internal content management and publishing systems.
- Continually provided support and ensured usability for web-based tools, maximizing productivity for the user population. Performed evaluation and testing, and implemented functional enhancements and corrections.
- Authored user guides and “Help” documentation and led corporate communications for new product releases and design enhancements.
- Developed and conducted staff training regarding software, on-line tools, and website maintenance.
- Planned multiple local and global conferences, including the management of venues, vendors, and speakers.